7 Reasons to Get Away to Nashville With the Kids This Fall
Fall is in full swing, and we feel like the summer sped right past us. There was just not enough time for all the adventures we wanted to take!
But, since this season is all about saying goodbye to the “go with the flow” summer vibes we all know and love and hello to a more rigid routine, we think that fall is a great time for your travel tribe to take a break and go on another family adventure. Plus, a break from school can be a exactly what your mini-mes need (although it’s probably best to coordinate with their school’s fall break).
And, while there’s no shortage of great family destinations, one of our favorite places to visit, especially during this season, is Nashville, Tennessee. Your travel-loving family doesn’t have to love country music, however, to have a good time. In fact, even though it’s widely known as Music City, Nashville has even more to offer than lively music.
1. Top attractions for any kind of weather.
Unlike many other cities (best explored when the weather is cooperative), Nashville is fun rain or shine! Don’t believe us? Here are a few of our favorite Nashville attractions that will save any cold, rainy day.
- Adventure Science Center. Keep the kids engaged on their fall break by taking them to Nashville’s Adventure Science Center. Whether you spend the afternoon exploring the planetarium or register for a family fun lab, it’s here where you’ll watch your mini-me’s passion for learning grow. But, don’t be surprised when they’re eager to head home so they can share all the excitement with their friends.
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. If there’s ever an attraction that has something for everyone in your travel tribe, it’s this. The Country Music Hall of Fame appeals to everyone. Travel through time and visit exhibits of country music legends. Then, sign up for a beginner guitar workshop, or let your littles bedazzle their very own microphone!
- Nashville Children’s Theatre. Take a break from the movie theater and indulge your artistic side. Head to Nashville’s Children’s Theatre where your kiddos will fall in love with a showing of Tuck Everlasting, a heartfelt Broadway musical performed with a live orchestra.
2. Fall-themed festivals.
Jump feet first into the local culture at one of Nashville’s many exciting fall-themed festivals.
- Boo at the Zoo, Nashville Zoo at Grassmere. Your mini-me’s favorite outing (a trip to the zoo) just got even more exciting. Through October, your creative littles are invited to come dressed in their favorite Halloween costume and jump right into games, hayrides, carousel rides, trick-or-treating, and more!
- Cheekwood Harvest. Enjoy a fall-themed festival without the scary costumes at Cheekwood Harvest. Grab yourself a beer at the beer garden. Then, soak in the fall foliage, carve a pumpkin with the kiddos, and watch out for the silly scarecrows roaming about the garden.
- Fall Fest at The Hermitage. Check out this entirely FREE Fall Fest at The Hermitage in early October. This laid-back event features live music, vendors, art, and history.
3. Southern comfort foods.
Need something to warm you up? From barbecue to hot chicken, mac ‘n cheese, burgers, and so much more, you’ll be in for a real treat. There’s something even the pickiest eaters in your travel tribe can enjoy!
Not sure where to go? Check out a few of Nashville’s amazing kid-friendly restaurants.
4. Fall foliage.
There’s nothing quite like the vibrant colors of Nashville’s fall foliage. The fiery reds, flaming oranges, and warm yellows are just magical.
Experience it by way of strolling through a park or hiking one of the city’s kid-friendly trails. However you decide to soak in the scenery, be sure to have your camera ready!
5. Water adventures for all ages.
The great thing about vacationing to Nashville in September and October is the temperature. The stifling summer heat typically drops off, yet, the temps remain warm enough for all kinds of water adventures.
Paddle along downtown Nashville’s riverwalk with River Queen Voyages. Or, take a longer route where your littles are sure to enjoy a view of river homes, farms, and wildlife!
Or, if it’s a chilly day, roll down the river with your mini-mes on the General Jackson Showboat where they are sure to enjoy stunning views, fabulous food, and lively entertainment.
6. Laid back atmosphere.
How many of us cram our vacays full of activities? Sun up to sun down, we’re busy exploring and playing. And while we’re sure to have fun, we often head home feeling more drained than when we left. But, Nashville is different.
Even though the things to do are endless, this city features a laid-back atmosphere that will have the whole fam stopping to smell the roses. Without the pressure to “do” or “see” every single thing, you and your littles will be able to take the break you all need after starting yet another hectic school year.
7. Spacious suite access.
Vacationing in the city doesn’t mean you have to stay in a cramped hotel room. Tripbound offers access to Wyndham Nashville with two-bedroom suites, which feature amenities such as a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and whirlpool tub.
But, the amenities don’t stop at your door. Step outside into the Wyndham community and enjoy access to swimming pools, a hot tub, playground, fitness center, and more. There’s no doubt about it. We know that you’ll feel right at home here.
We know that what you need after starting yet another school year is a good break away from home to unwind. That’s why we’re sure you and your travel tribe will enjoy a trip to Nashville this fall!
Ready to book your getaway now? Be sure to give your Resort Specialists at Tripbound a call at 1-888-816-5214, and we’ll get you a room at the Wyndham Nashville right away!
Does your travel tribe have a favorite family-friendly activity in Nashville already? We’d love to hear all about it! Be sure to share in the comments below.