Top 5 Tuesday: Bike Trails with Guest Blogger Jeff Lenosky
This week, our featured locations for Top 5 Tuesday are off the beaten path…literally. Legendary mountain biker, Jeff Lenosky, will have Tripbounders “geared up” and ready to visit his favorite trails. Lenosky is a trailblazer for urban and street mountain biking, and even holds “the world record for the highest bunny hop on a mountain bike”. When he’s not riding or sharing his biking expertise with Tripbound, Lenosky helps create, design, and construct competitions and courses. So whether you’re the winner of the Tour de France, or you still ride a tricycle, check out the trails of Top 5 Tuesday.
Top 5: North American Bike Trails
- Whistler, British Columbia: The Whistler Bike Park has trails for all ability levels from first time beginners to the most seasoned pro. The chairlift runs all summer so you can take the multiple trips up and enjoy a downhill ride just like skiing or snowboarding in the winter. The village has tons of post ride activities too which makes it my top destination in North America.
- Lake Lure, NC: The road riding in the Blue Ridge Mountains is some of the most beautiful and scenic riding I’ve ever done. If you decide to go off road, Pisgah National Forest has some of the best trails in the country and stays mild throughout most of the winter. With strong bike cultures in nearby towns such as Asheville and Brevard it’s easy to find a shop willing to share local knowledge.
- Sedona, AZ: Sedona has one of the most unique landscapes around. There’s a great mixture of rich red soil and slick rock which makes some amazing mountain bike trails and scenery. There’s a ton of trails to ride and local shops carry maps to find them. My favorite is the double black diamond trail called “Hangover“.
- Angel Fire, NM: Angel Fire Resort has one of the best mountain bike parks in the U.S. and has hosted several National Championship Races. It has a dry dusty climate and is at high altitude making you feel like you’re riding on the moon but the trails are a blast!
- Durango, CO: Durango is home to the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame so you know the riding has to be good. Endless miles of trails and a really cool historic downtown make this one of my favorite places to visit.
Did Jeff spark your interest in a certain mountain biking destination? Tripbound can offer you heavily discounted vacations at resorts in all 5 of the bike trail locations. Before getting bike bound, call Tripbound!
That's what we do! Our Resort Specialists will match you with the best suite deals your hard-earned money can buy at family-friendly resorts across the country - all at no cost to you!
Let Us Save You Time and Money. Fill out the information below and we'll send you a quote on the best suite deal for your Sedona vacation.