5 of Our Favorite Fourth of July Destinations
The Fourth of July is an amazing holiday when our entire country gets to celebrate its birthday. Fireworks, parades, star-studded concerts, and plenty of BBQ are sure bets in most American cities, but here are some places that take Independence Day up a notch.
1. Gatlinburg, Tennessee may be able to lay claim to the first Fourth of July Parade in the USA. every year for more than four decades, Gatlinburg puts on a midnight parade to celebrate our nation’s birth. But the fun doesn’t end at dawn’s early light because they have a full day of concerts, food, and fun planned, even if you decide to sleep in.
2. Sometimes just getting to the beach and having a cookout with family and friends can be the best way to celebrate any birthday, but what to do if you find yourself landlocked in the heartland? Check out Branson, Missouri. This town has theme parks, nightlife, and of course, three amazing lakes with beautifully maintained beaches. And as the self-proclaimed “Veterans Capital of America,” you can be sure there will be a fun parade and fireworks display as well.
3. If you prefer quiet instead, consider heading to the Berkshire mountains of Massachusetts to get away from the big city events. Here you will experience a more idyllic way of celebrating the Fourth. Shaker country is full of tiny towns and hamlets that will provide your family with history as old as the country itself.
4. Take a step back in time to the days of our founding fathers, literally, in Colonial Williamsburg. They celebrate Independence Day in a louder, if more traditional fashion, with a muster of the local militia, firing of cannons and muskets, a fife and drum salute to the thirteen original states, and then conclude the day’s affairs with a fireworks display visible from all the most popular areas of town.
5. Of course, nothing beats the Fourth of July in our Nation’s Capital. The city literally explodes with patriotism and pride as every monument and street corner is festooned with the red, white, and blue of our common heritage, and Sousa marches bellow from every loudspeaker in town. And don’t even think about missing what could be the greatest fireworks display in the world.
That's what we do! Our Resort Specialists will match you with the best suite deals your hard-earned money can buy at family-friendly resorts across the country - all at no cost to you!
Let Us Save You Time and Money. Fill out the information below and we'll send you a quote on the best suite deal for your Williamsburg vacation.