The 10 Best Family Ski Deals on the East Coast
You know what this time of year means, right? No, I’m not talking about loads of food, holiday lights and decorations coming out of storage, or movie marathons around the fire. While all of that does sound fabulous, I’m instead talking about ski season!
Many popular ski resorts and mountains opened for the season this past weekend, and alpine-loving families everywhere are ready to pack up their winter gear and hit the slopes!
If that’s you, or you think this should finally be the time to do so, you’re probably looking for any way to save some of your hard-earned money.
Yep, I figured. And, for that reason, I’ve hunted down the best of the best family ski deals—10 to be exact—on the east coast! That way, you can save even more by hopping in the car and driving to any of the following destinations for the quality mountain time you’ve been looking for.
- What’s the deal? If you’re a season pass holder from another resort, Jiminy Peak invites you to ski or snowboard in the spring of 2019!
- Give me the details! Present your valid season pass to purchase a lift ticket for the day at 50% off regular window rates. It must be a valid 17/18 or 18/19 season pass from another resort. Discount is only valid on regular window rates only, and not in conjunction with any other offer, discount, or promotion.
- How do I get access? Show your season pass at the ticket window.
- Where should I stay? In a spacious suite at Wyndham Bentley Brook.
- What’s the deal? Sunday FUNday. Ski or ride every Sunday afternoon for only $30.
- Give me the details! Available after 12pm every Sunday, excluding holidays (12/30/18, 1/20/19, 2/17/19, 2/24/19).
- How do I get access? Purchase the day-of at the ticket window.
- What’s the deal? Why Not Wednesdays. Get a lift ticket for only $48 when you present a Coca-Cola product at the ticket window on Wednesdays throughout the season.
- Give me the details! One ticket per Coke product. This offer is only available on non-holiday Wednesdays. The product must either be unopened or completely empty.
- How do I get access? Visit the Whiteface Mountain ticket window with any Coca-Cola product to access this deal.
- What’s the deal? With the Learn to Ski or Snowboard Package, kids ages 8 and older get a lift ticket, equipment rental, and a beginner’s class for only $55.
- Give me the details! Valid now through December 23. Includes beginner area lift ticket, rental equipment including helmet, and beginner (Level One) class lesson.
- How do I get access? Reservations are recommended. Call 717-642-8282 x3317!
- What’s the deal? Full-Throttle Fridays. On Fridays, Vermonters with proof of residency pay 1/2 price for full-day, 3-mountain lift tickets, group lessons, and rental equipment.
- Give me the details! Valid from 12/08/18 through closing, and excludes holiday dates of 12/26/18 – 1/1/19, 1/19 – 1/21/19, and 2/16 – 2/24/19.
- Where should I stay? In a spacious suite at Smugglers’ Notch Resort.
- What’s the deal? Bring a new skier with you, and you’ll get a free lift ticket for yourself.
- Give me the details! To get a free lift ticket, you must register a friend or family member for a Learn to Ski or Ride package. No date restrictions. Free lift ticket is valid on the same day the new skier registers for a Learn to Ski or Ride Package. The new skier must be 7 years of age or older. And, reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- How do I get access? Visit Killington Resort’s website, or call 800-923-9444. Be sure to mention the “Bring A Friend” deal.
- What’s the deal? Children ages 4 and under can ski or ride for free when accompanied by a paid parent or guardian.
- Give me the details! The deal is only valid for one child per paid parent or guardian.
- How do I get access? Access this deal by purchasing a regular priced lift ticket, either online or at the resort.
- What’s the deal? The Mad Card allows skiers to get three transferable day tickets for only $169.
- Give me the details! Mad Card lift tickets are available on any day during the 2018-2019 season. They are only sold until December 15, however.
- How do I get access? Order online or call the office at (802) 496-3551.
- What’s the deal? Kids in 5th & 6th grade get free lift tickets at Wintergreen Resort. This deal is designed to encourage all of those at this age to take the plunge and ski or snowboard.
- Give me the details! Must bring report card with you as proof of grade level. It does not, however, include rentals, and the child must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Where should I stay? At Dove’s Landing, a spacious vacation rental at Wintergreen Resort.
Snowshoe Mountain in Snowshoe, WV (Within driving distance from VA, OH, NC & PA!)
- What’s the deal? Get a pass for three days worth of skiing or snowboarding for only $149!
- Give me the details! Valid any time during the 2018/2019 season. Dates don’t have to be consecutive. There’s a limited supply available, however.
- How do I get access? Purchase online or at any REI store location.
Well, there you have it. A win-win if you’ve been debating where to go skiing on the east coast, and looking to choose the most affordable option for you and your travel crew!
If you find either Jiminy Peak, Smugglers’ Notch, or Wintergreen at the top of your must-visit list, give the resort specialists at Tripbound a call at 1-888-816-5214. They’ll provide you with free, personalized service and match you with a family vacation you’ll be talking about for years to come.
Have all the inside scoop on ski deals, and thought of one I missed sharing? Let me know in the comments below!
That's what we do! Our Resort Specialists will match you with the best suite deals your hard-earned money can buy at family-friendly resorts across the country - all at no cost to you!
Let Us Save You Time and Money. Fill out the information below and we'll send you a quote on the best suite deal for your next vacation.